View Single Post
Old 09-14-2013, 05:54 PM

Gas in Diesel Redivivus...funny story

Several years ago I posted the story of my daughter, then about 23, filling my 92 300D (under her care in VA at the time) with gasoline. She left this teary-eyed voice mail about how the car had just died on her...sob sob sob...."and by the way, Dad, this is NOT one the best engines ever made!" (I had told her about the great car she had the privilege of driving). It was only when the mechanic took a look at the car that she realized her mistake.

Fast forward about five years. The same car is being entrusted to my son who's off to college this year. On several occasions I said, "Now Ryan, now that you're the one filling up the tank, you need to always MAKE SURE that's it's diesel, not gas." His response every time was, "Dad, I'm not an idiot." I would say something to the effect of, "Ryan, I know you're not an idiot...but neither is Jennifer....people make mistakes. I'm just trying to help you avoid a very expensive mistake."

The phone rang late this afternoon....it was my son....you know the rest of the story.

19 Honda CR-V EX 61k mi
Fourteen other MB's owned and sold
1961 Very Tolerant Wife