View Single Post
Old 09-14-2013, 09:35 PM

Well I did it, I got the car up on this curb....use the tie rods to help pull me under and I got it done....I cheated and used child labor I had my neighbors 7 year old turn the engine while I looked for the plug....I couldn't see it so I was giving up and moved onto the pan, filter and oil cooler line....wanted as much out as possible.....

Then I got everything back together and got a flash light to look for the drain bolt on the torque converter....I seen it maybe past up by an inch....turned the engine some more and there it is....

One set back, I dropped one filter screw into the oil pan....crap....didn't have a jug to pour it out and find it....had to empty the container behind the garbage cans....one good thing about living in the desert....we have no ground water...

One really really annoying aspect is the damn sand every where....it stuck to my tools and hands....so I had to be extra careful to not transfer any to the pan...

Got it all buttoned it....poured four quarts in....went for a drive.....came back....topped it off.....went for another drive and its perfect.....right between full and max....

I found nothing in the bottom of the pan, I kept the old filter thought I might cut it open and see if there is anything inside....

The shifting feels really smooth now....you still feel shifts, which I am coming to the conclusion is normal....

One question.....does anyone know the FSM speeds on the length of the Bowden rod? And does anyone know if there is suppose to be a bushing at the end of the rod that connects onto the arm of the transmission? It seems like there should be one, but I am not positive or what type?

I noticed my oil filter housing is leaking....again.....once I find some one to cut down one of my Allen wrenches....I am going to pill it and just use gasket maker and glue it to the block....