View Single Post
Old 09-23-2013, 10:50 AM
New England Hick

Hatty, I bought a new-to-me boat!

It's limited production and it's aluminum...

...but a little lower on the scale.

Got a 12' 1950 runabout made in Manchester, CT. Neat little boat. Deep bow, aircraft-style riveting, dual cockpit, typical 50's runabout styling midship through the transom. I've never seen one before, despite spending my life 10 miles away from where they were manufactured. There is precious little info about them on the web. I found an iBoat page where a guy is in the process of resto-modding one but other than that not much. It's had some "fins" added at somepoint, I'm guessing as spray rails. They don't look bad but are affixed with self-tapping screws. I might take them off and see how wet it gets. If it's not bad, I'll have the holes filled and run without them. If it's sloppy, I'll figure out a way to attach them more attractively.

I didn't want the motor (long shaft 6hp) but the guy gave it to me anyway so I'll throw it on our rowboat up in ME, I'm leaning towards a 4 stoke 15 hp. New marine-grade ply transom with stainless cap. I'm thinking polished hull, red racing stripe, red vinyl cushions and probably need a shark mouth on the bow. It'll be a fun little boat up on the lake and running around on the CT River.

On it's ride home.

Manufacturer's plate.

View of the foredeck and aircraft-style riveting.

Rear view (need another piece of 2x on each bunk and it'll sit level).

1980 300TD-China Blue/Blue MBTex-2nd Owner, 107K (Alt Blau) OBK #15
'06 Chevy Tahoe Z71 (for the wife & 4 kids, current mule) '03 Honda Odyssey (son #1's ride, reluctantly) '99 GMC Suburban (255K+ miles, semi-retired mule) 21' SeaRay Seville (summer escape pod)