View Single Post
Old 09-24-2013, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulfiqar View Post
The problem is that - its a catch 22, for the general american "horsepower" roolz. Take a look at any commercial, its all about cup holders, vacuum cleaners, missing spare wheels, fake wood trim, awesome, santa claus selling it, eco button mileage, general drivers who cant drive a manual box commenting on handling..

or even want to fill at the greasy pump with the green/yellow nozzle - thats where the yucky trucks go. General 9-5 guys wont be able to brag about their 450 hp engines either.
I don't follow. Why does driving a vehicle have to be devoid of any comfort or spartan? If all it would do is be a farm truck going from field to field and short distances, but of course. OTOH, if I am using it for some hauling and some driving, why do I want to beat myself up every time I am in it? Why not have some comforts?

With my diesel, I can safely say that every fuel station I have ever seen sells gas. Many don't sell diesel. At the pumps, you are a 2nd class citizen with someone blocking the one and only pump. Then there is gelling to worry about if it gets too cold. Either wear disposable gloves when pumping or you get diesel all over the car or you have to wash your hands a few times. The floor around the pumps are not clean usually either. If you want to carry a bag of dog poop in your car, feel free. I don't want my car stinking of diesel for the rest of the week because of the floor around or my hands.
05 Polaris Sportsman 800 EFI
06 Polaris Sportsman 500 EFI
03 SeaDoo GTX SC Red
03 SeaDoo GTX SC Yellow
04 Tailgator 21 ft Toy Hauler
11 Harley Davidson 883 SuperLow