View Single Post
Old 09-25-2013, 01:19 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarTek View Post
So, a friend is going through a pretty nasty divorce and he's currently negotiating custody of their young daughter (<10).

Up until now, the wife has been utterly crazy, she's really snapped and lost her mind, causing trouble at every turn, screaming at the guy every time he goes by the house to pick up his kid, etc...

He has totally been thrown for a loop by this, basically, she lost her mind and threw him out of the house.

Anyway, suddenly, she has had a change of heart and says that if he goes to counseling, she will agree to a amiable split and custody of the daughter. Now, to me, this smells like a rat because the soon to be ex has been seeing this counselor for some time now and it seems too convenient for her to change her tune this quick.

So, my question is this: If the guy sees this counselor, is there any way that this can change his eligibility for custody? Does seeing a psychologist/psychiatrist "taint" a person in the eyes of the law and make them less likely to gain custody?

It may be just my paranoia talking but I'm just trying to keep him from compromising his ability to see his daughter. It may all be nothing but she sure changed her stripes pretty quick and that just didn't sound right for her to come up with such a plan.

Thanks in advance...
Pics. of friend's Wife?