View Single Post
Old 09-27-2013, 04:52 PM
Conservative

A decision I didn't want to make...

Looks like we'll be moving again...back to Ohio. My wife, who just spent the last 2 months caring for my mom and my grandma, came back home last weekend. While she was gone, the two older ladies really hammered her about us being so far away from them...which I rather enjoy.

However...mom's eyesight is getting pretty bad, and since she's already had two other corrective surgeries, they won't do another. She fears passing the eyesight portion of getting her driver's license renewed. Since she is the #1 caretaker of grandma, and nobody else in the family will get off their ass to help her, my wife has talked me into moving back so she can care for the older ladies.

I have two brothers that both live within 10 miles of mom, and neither one will do much to help her. Sure, one will schedule a few weeks out to swing by and fix something if she calls them, but won't come over right away. The other refuses to show up unless he's needing money from her.

I'm putting the house up for sale in January, and will begin looking for repo homes near my mom's that I can pick up cheap. Hopefully I can sell this house and make enough off of it to cover the cost of the new house.

What really pisses me off is that my youngest brother's wife, who refuses to work, also refuses to assist my mom. This is the same brother that only visits her when he needs money...and he's only 2 blocks away from her!

I'm not real pleased with having to move again. But, at least I'll be able to close enough to her to provide any help she needs, even if it's just sending the wife or kids over to go grocery shopping with her.

Meet on the level, leave on the square. Great words to live by

Were we directed from Washington when to sow and when to reap, we should soon want bread. - Thomas Jefferson: Autobiography, 1821.