View Single Post
Old 09-30-2013, 11:34 AM
Admiral-Third World Fleet

Larry-

Thanks for the good vibes, but I have studied this pretty carefully and, though I can't say that I have read the legislation (like you) I have read enough to know that I can buy insurance on the Health Exchanges for about $15K for me and my family. This is for the "Gold" plan, for me, at my age, my wife, my kid, in my zip code. The numbers have been published. What I don't know today, but should tomorrow, is what the "fine print" (aye there's the rub) in the policies are. Based on my projected retirement income, I will get about a $10K subsidy (http://kff.org/interactive/subsidy-calculator/). This works for me mostly because I have a dependent (and will until I can get to Medicare age).

So yes, it does have a lot to do with those in retirement, but not yet Medicare eligible. And without O-care, I would not really (comfortably) be in good enough shape to buy medical insurance, but with it , I am.

Whether it will "escalate" or not is debatable. IMO, competition and increasing the pool to everyone will make it work.

I have always been responsible and have had health insurance since I was born. It's time for everyone to have it.
80 300SD (129k mi) 82 240D stick (193k mi)77 240D auto - stick to be (153k mi) 85 380SL (145k mi) 89 BMW 535i 82 Diesel Rabbit Pickup (374k mi) 91 Jetta IDI Diesel (155k mi) 81 VW Rabbit Convertible Diesel 70 Triumph Spitfire Mk III (63kmi)66 Triumph TR4a IRS (90k mi)67 Ford F-100 (??)