View Single Post
Old 10-06-2013, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by my123ca View Post
The blue wire from the window switch in the door panel ends up in pin 12 of the instrument cluster. I looked inside the accordion looking rubber between the door and the frame but didnt see anything obviously wrong there. Next move is to remove the driver seat, rear door panel, carpet and center console to remove the harness which i dont have time to do yet. Right now i disabled the rear window from the switch by pulling the plug at the center console.
I have the door apart and the plastic cover on the door pillar removed. The switch on the door is disconnected.

The wiring to the door runs through a strong reinforced black sheath. I checked from door window switch through the concertina and down the pillar to the floor and there is no damage to the wire sheath and it is not grounding anywhere that I could see.

I also checked for a ground from the blue switch wire (socket 5) using both socket 4 (brown) and the door itself. No ground with door open or closed!

So why do we get a short when the door opens? The only other thing that changes, is the door switch. It has separate wiring and seems to operate the courtesy light properly.

I wish I had looked for the short when I had the car interior totally stripped a month or so ago!

My next step will be to see if I can find where the blue wire to that door connects to the main switch and disconnect it. Diagram shows it comes right out of the console window switch socket 5.