View Single Post
Old 10-09-2013, 09:24 AM
New England Hick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stretch View Post
I've tipped my hand too early.

I think it is almost a waste of effort - the work looks good in the pictures but I think the wheel base is too short. This is why coupe doors are longer...

...now it looks like something Noddy would drive,
Quote:
Originally Posted by t walgamuth View Post
Sadly I must agree. The body is too tall for the wheelbase. I'm with swamp though, I'd drive it prolly! I'd have to swap in a 617 turbo and a stick though!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JB3 View Post
I agree. I hate to be the wet blanket in all the custom body links, but this car reminds me of if we were to take a centerfold and cut out her midsection from nipple to knee. The lines just don't work, and what's worse, is you can see the way they used to. My eye wants to add a few feet of coachwork between the huge fender features. I think it would really work if they had modified the rear fender bulbous section
All valid points. But sometimes you just make-do with what you've got. While I'm inherently uncool and personally dig 4 door sedans, many folks are sedan-averse. And if your uncle has a 4 door that's been stripped of all the goodies he needed and is just sitting there for the taking...why the heck not?!?!

It's not as ridiculous looking as the shorty '57 Chevys, VW Buses, etc!

1980 300TD-China Blue/Blue MBTex-2nd Owner, 107K (Alt Blau) OBK #15
'06 Chevy Tahoe Z71 (for the wife & 4 kids, current mule) '03 Honda Odyssey (son #1's ride, reluctantly) '99 GMC Suburban (255K+ miles, semi-retired mule) 21' SeaRay Seville (summer escape pod)