View Single Post
Old 01-09-2003, 09:40 AM
Ignition switch problem w140

First of all, I wanted to thank everyone for their help with the three Mercedes I have had the pleasure to own the past couple of years. I have an M class, an S class, and recently just sold my beloved C class car.

This morning, when I went out to start my car, I couldn’t get the engine to turn over. The battery seemed fine, and all the warning lights came on, but the car did not even make an attempt to start. I tried several times, right as I was about to give up and take the other car, it jumped to life. This is not the first time it has done this, but the times in the past when it wouldn’t click over, I would just take out the key and put it back in, and the car started on the second try...This morning, it took several trys...I guess its getting worse, and I want to make sure I fix it before Im left stranded. I did a search on ignition switches, but mine doesn’t seem to be experiencing the same symptoms. My key is not hard to turn, nor does it stick. It just doesn’t seem to “catch on” ignition wise...Please, any help would be appreciated.
1994 S320
131K miles

1998 ML 320
126K miles

1994 Blue C220
122K miles

Im going to Grad School @ the University of Iowa
Go Hawkeyes!!!