View Single Post
Old 10-16-2013, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by funola View Post
Total waste of time and parts. The VO in the injectors and IP is still cold. The only way around it is to start on diesel and that means a 2 tank system.
I realize a single tank system is more complex, but I assure you it works quite well. Two tank is not the only way around it. Do you have an actual answer to my questions?

I do have a manually controlled glow plug relay and injection line heaters that help heat the small amount of fluid between the stock filter and injector nozzles (including the IP, Injector Lines, Injectors, etc). I have noticed these heaters work quite well.

What I typically see is that after heating and starting, it will run a little rougher after say 15 or 30 seconds. I believe this is because the injection line heaters and glow plugs can only effectively heat a small volume of fuel and when the engine is running at any real flow rate, the volume of cold fuel easily overwhelms these two small heaters. Hence the desire to heat the larger volume of fuel in the filter.

Thanks!

-matto-