View Single Post
Old 10-18-2013, 02:10 PM
Inna-propriate-da-vida

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwampYankee View Post
That'd be a sweet rig, C. Hope you can sell a few more houses next year!

Block Island is one of my favorite places. I grew up on Payne's dock. 2 weeks and almost every other weekend over the summer, from around 10yo through college. You got to know all of the kids at Payne's, B.I. Boat Basin and Champlain's and we'd all pick up where we left off the last trip or year. I also grew up in Ballard's, but Ballard's is a lot more fun once you reach legal drinking age!

I'm hoping to get my boat in the water this year for the first time in 4 years. Ease the wife and kids back into it, get them to the point of usefulness and buy a bigger boat to keep in down river so we can get to Block Island, Montauk, Napatree Beach, Hamburg Cove in a reasonable amount of time for some weekend/long-weekend trips and work up to longer ones..

Now I understand why, as kids, we were never allowed to participate in summer programs/sports. It was boating season. When we were old enough to stay home by ourselves we were given the option, but by then we were already trained and looking forward to the trips! I missed my opportunity to implement that policy.

Left??? Port!!!
Port will be served on the promenade deck shortly after dinner.

So on a boat, they would be port leaning liberals and starboard nut jobs....

1983 300SD - 305000
1984 Toyota Landcruiser - 190000
1994 GMC Jimmy - 203000

https://media.giphy.com/media/X3nnss8PAj5aU/giphy.gif