View Single Post
Old 10-28-2013, 05:07 PM
Control Freak

You can also order from the Classic Center. They will accept a scanned/emailed copy of the registration or title, and your license (or you can fax it if you still have one of those around).

In the mean time I would pull the cylinder NOW while you have the opportunity. Once it stops turning then only destruction will remove it. Then use a short flat-blade screwdriver to start the car until the new cylinder arrives.

If you're short on funds then try a parts yard. Assuming the key is still in the lock grab it. I believe, but I am not 100% certain, that you can take that cylinder to your local locksmith and they can re-pin the tumbler to match your car's main key.

If you end up being able to do this, please let us know. My passenger door and tailgate cylinders on my 124 are messed up. New ones are $$$ and if it turns out you can grab replacements from the yard and have a locksmith repin for a few tens of dollars you will be a hero.

Actually I have a 123 ignition cylinder and key on my desk, you can have it for free. PM me. Pay it forward.
2013 E350 Bluetec (my DD)

both my kids cars went to junkyard in 2023
2008 ML320 CDI (Older son’s DD) fatal transmission failure, water soaked/fried rear SAM, numerous other issues, just too far gone to save (165k miles)
2008 E320 Bluetec (Younger son's DD) injector failed open and diluted oil with diesel, spun main bearings (240k miles)

1998 E300DT sold to TimFreeh
1987 300TD sold to vstech