View Single Post
Old 10-29-2013, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr110 View Post
Are the grounds you're speaking of the ones in the tail light housing or the one from the housing to the body of the car?

Also when you say fine sand paper is there any grit that works better than others? i have a range from 400-2000 grit..
All of them.

It has been some time since I have worked on 110 tail lights, but I recall they are a plastic housing which holds the bulb sockets. You will need to test each socket for a ground, so the easiest way is to use a bit of fine sandpaper, any fine grit that will shine up the inside of the socket, and test the grounds of each socket to the connection on the back of the housing.

Once you have found that all the sockets have a good ground to the plug you need to test the ground wire coming out of the plug for a ground. If you are unsure as to which is the ground then just test them all. Only one of them should register on your voltmeter as making a ground.

Break each one up into sections and clear that section up. Then go on to the next one.

And don't forget to clean the plug and sockets themselves. I have had tarnish build up in these areas that is unseen but severe enough to block the ground connection to the body.