View Single Post
Old 11-01-2013, 12:57 PM
Control Freak

Umm, zero

That is the CD changer serial number.

Also you have a model 1692, not a 1492, in that car. (EDIT: I stand corrected, the 1492 is what you have in the 95 W124. The 1692 was used in the W210s. They look identical from the front.)

Does the car have the Bose speakers? If so you will need to get an integration adapter to convert the 4 line-level outputs from the Becker into the inputs of the Bose amp in the trunk.

Some people (including me) put higher value on an undisturbed (or readily reversible to stock) audio system. The Vegas strip looking radios with rice-grain sized controls do nothing for me.

I'm quite happy with that setup in my E300D. Sounds great to me. I do wish I had an aux input, I am working on that one to try hacking the CD player input to the radio. The fix running around the net is to tap into the tape head inside the unit but that seems hokey to me.

One thing I did, and I suspect you will be able to adapt to this car, especially if it is the Special Edition with the built in analog cell phone, is to stealth install a Parrot Bluetooth kit in the car for cell phone usage. I started a thread for that here in the Audio forum. This kit supports A2DP streaming as well for your music.

If you do decide to pull the existing system (or if you decide to keep it, you'll still need the code in case you disconnect the battery), you'll need the serial number off the radio itself and contact either Becker (Ed at 201-773-0976) or the dealer.

Do you have a set of DIN radio removal keys? You will need them to pull the radio. If not check with a Stereo shop or order them for a few bucks from Amazon.
2013 E350 Bluetec (my DD)

both my kids cars went to junkyard in 2023
2008 ML320 CDI (Older son’s DD) fatal transmission failure, water soaked/fried rear SAM, numerous other issues, just too far gone to save (165k miles)
2008 E320 Bluetec (Younger son's DD) injector failed open and diluted oil with diesel, spun main bearings (240k miles)

1998 E300DT sold to TimFreeh
1987 300TD sold to vstech

Last edited by jay_bob; 11-02-2013 at 10:12 PM. Reason: Correction about 1492 vs 1692