View Single Post
Old 11-09-2013, 12:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eatont9999 View Post
Super Clean may work just as well but I have no experience with it, so I can't endorse it. I doubt it will hurt anything.

At least in most of AZ, you don't need heat that badly this time of year. Here in NTX, we are just hitting cooler weather. You could probably get away with bypassing the cabin heat system for a short time if need be.

The heater core is made of aluminum. The radiators are aluminum as well.
Eaton, thank you so very much!

It is because of the lack over here want to give it a shot. Same with the diesel coolant. I like to return a small portion of the help you all have provided!

Are you kidding! It is FREEZING already! I have to wear my thick thermals, flannel shirts, sweater, and lined coat to keep warm in the mornings. I REALLY miss the warmth of a diesel!

See! The P.O. was wrong about there being no aluminum. I bet the corrosion is dielectric, especially in the heater cores tube.

1985 Mercedes-Benz 280TE - Waiting for heart surgery.

1985 Mercedes-Benz 300TDT - Rear ended 23 September 2016 and now looking for a new home.

1979 Mercedes-Benz 300TD - Parted out.

1964 Volkswgen Beetle - Vater's since September 1968 and undergoing a restoration.

1971 Volkswagen Sunroof Squareback with F.I. - in need of full restoration.

1971 Volkswagen Squareback automatic with F.I. - Vacationing with her caretaker until he is in better health.