View Single Post
Old 11-09-2013, 12:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adriel View Post
Eaton, thank you so very much!

It is because of the lack over here want to give it a shot. Same with the diesel coolant. I like to return a small portion of the help you all have provided!

Are you kidding! It is FREEZING already! I have to wear my thick thermals, flannel shirts, sweater, and lined coat to keep warm in the mornings. I REALLY miss the warmth of a diesel!

See! The P.O. was wrong about there being no aluminum. I bet the corrosion is dielectric, especially in the heater cores tube.
Really? I didn't think it got that cold so soon over there. It was in the 40's here the other day and that was a bit nipply for us.

Without the correct coolant, dielectric corrosion will be a problem; most likely why you have that nastyness in your hoses. In my 7.3IDI Ford, I have to use a low-silicate antifreeze and add an anti-cavitation additive so I don't have to worry about water jacket cavitation eating into the cylinder walls. MB uses a specific coolant mostly for dielectric corrosion issues. Even in the petrol cars, the blocks can be cast iron but the heads and everything else is aluminum.
1983 300SD - Good interior. Engine finally tamed ~250K.
Monark Nozzle Install Video - http://tinyurl.com/ptd2tge