View Single Post
Old 11-09-2013, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixto View Post
Just last night I was updating my list of new and used MB parts. The list needs work because some items have a description, some have a part number, few have both. I have a dozen or so 015 997 94 48 o-rings. My best recollection is they go on an M103 EHA, the devil's engagement gift to his bride. Anyway, it's obvious I've bought and bought again stuff of which I already have a lifetime supply. If online stores want to provide value for all the personal information they collect and deduce, they should tell you how many you bought and how long ago when you add an item to the shopping cart.

Sixto
87 300D
You have an interesting point! However, what if the individual did it?

You buy something and print the invoice. Then when the item arrives, put the paper with the item so you know what it is?

Or how about a spreadsheet? Date Purchased, what was purchased, for what project? Then each bin gets a number/name?

My Volkswagen parts are all in bins by category, but that is when I had to store most of her parts inside her. Now that I have a home, finding it difficult to find a system and the space for it. Maybe I need to go through the bins and pull out the odds and ends from moving, plus the Volvo parts.

1985 Mercedes-Benz 280TE - Waiting for heart surgery.

1985 Mercedes-Benz 300TDT - Rear ended 23 September 2016 and now looking for a new home.

1979 Mercedes-Benz 300TD - Parted out.

1964 Volkswgen Beetle - Vater's since September 1968 and undergoing a restoration.

1971 Volkswagen Sunroof Squareback with F.I. - in need of full restoration.

1971 Volkswagen Squareback automatic with F.I. - Vacationing with her caretaker until he is in better health.