View Single Post
Old 11-10-2013, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zacharias View Post
I am post-concussion from a motor vehicle collision in 2002 with significant gaps in long term memory and issues with medium-term recall. I am probably also at least mildly ADD (I grew up before it had a label), so the post-con situation doesn't help matters.

I just found a store of parts I don't even remember ever having, from when I owned my w116.

Right now I am trying to find some stuff I bought two weeks ago. This one has me mildly irritated with myself.

Likewise my tool wrap with almost all my larger metric wrenches. This one really has me angry. How you lose a big tool wrap that probably weighs 7 pounds is beyond even me.

Luckily it has poured rain here most of the weekend, so I haven't been able to do the wagon's glowplugs, which is why I need my wrenches.

At least I now have myself disciplined to where I go out to the shed and root through the new and used parts bins before I order something. Last few years I have bought stuff that I already had at least four times. The used stuff I can give myself a break on as I can never seem to achieve a container logic that I can remember two weeks after I rearrange everything.

But how I can forget a nice clean new box I just picked up six months prior.... owwww?
I had a MAJOR concussion two years in February. Are you saying I am still having affects from it? I do have blank moments, sometimes even where I have a hard time remembering what I was doing right in the process!

With Autism, one can have A.D.D./A.D.H.D. like symptoms, so knowing that, now practicing being present. What am I going to do, or what am I doing? Where am I? How am I feeling? Is it time to stop and take care of me?

Why was the tool wrap not either in the wagen or in the tool box? I have the same issue, and on the second set of screw drivers, which at the rate I am going, will have to be replaced.

I am working on a system that may work for many others. Just need to order something and sit down and create the program.

Frustrating, isn't it? That is why I have all new parts on one pile of bins.

1985 Mercedes-Benz 280TE - Waiting for heart surgery.

1985 Mercedes-Benz 300TDT - Rear ended 23 September 2016 and now looking for a new home.

1979 Mercedes-Benz 300TD - Parted out.

1964 Volkswgen Beetle - Vater's since September 1968 and undergoing a restoration.

1971 Volkswagen Sunroof Squareback with F.I. - in need of full restoration.

1971 Volkswagen Squareback automatic with F.I. - Vacationing with her caretaker until he is in better health.