View Single Post
Old 11-12-2013, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stretch View Post
Tell me more!
Dataq has probably the most affordable A/D products. They even offered a free board that plugged to a serial port in the 1990's. I got one and used for one son's middle school science project (put a strain gage on a scooter).

My spray research developed a laser droplet sizer for rocket injectors. The closest commercial product is the "Phase Doppler Particle Analyzer (PDPA)", which I think is still sold today. My coaxial beam design was much simpler and reported the same distributions. It was so elegant that the PDPA designer stepped forward at the conference and said he had the same idea (didn't pursue?). I never got Air Force funding to continue. Probably the fact the AF lead was a close friend of the PDPA developer and expressed open hostility played a role (your tax dollars at work). If really interested, look thru issues of ILASS and ICLASS symposiums. After I left academia, industrial interest grew in liquid spray analysis as companies developed common-rail diesel and gasoline direct-injection systems, which have proven very effective.