View Single Post
Old 11-12-2013, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake12tech View Post
Piece-of-crap Kodak camera on order for this project.
The 81 240D interior is really trashed, smokers car. Carpets really stained from coffee and lip stick melted on the back carpet. It leaks oil, also overheats but body is good which is why I plan on getting it. I'm gonna have someone help me drive the the brown 240D (the 1980) and drive the 81 240D back to the place I'll be doing the resto at. I don't think the 81 240D should overheat on such a small trip. The 84 300D I'll load on the trailer tonight if I get ahold of my friend who has it and his truck.

I think I'm gonna take 4-speed out of the brown 240D and take the auto from the 81 and put it in the brown diesel because it gets so annoying in stop-n-go traffic in my area. I hate parting out the 81, but I can pick at it for a long time for the 1984 and 1980. I love this all 330,000 miles the brown 240D has seen I don't think it's ever missed an oil change from my records since new. I just wish they would've taken care of the body or I would've never put it away for these years now.
Ah, I understand.

Well, if the 1981 is done for, then why not combine the 1980 parts into the 1981? Then, no welding, right? That also save the trouble getting the automatic set right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake12tech View Post
I'll see what I can do with the carpet I'm kind of curious. I have a excellent pressure washer in my shed I could hit up and just scrub it down with soap and water. Anyway I'm gonna have some help tonight so I'm gonna get the 1980 240D and 1981 240D home along with the 1984 300D. I think I might just open up the engine on the 84 tomorrow because I wanna see what I'm ahead of as I might just rebuild and I'll be able to inspect it right after I fix the taillights and get new tires and brakes. Then crack on the 81 and 80. We'll see. Pics will be up soon as I get the camera from Amazon. I would love to drive this 84. They said it was "seized" but I had it cranking it was just hard as HELL to start but it ran and drove. I'll see the damage when I start opening it.
Jake, looks like a good plan to start with the easy stuff first! Then, will not get overwhelmed?

1985 Mercedes-Benz 280TE - Waiting for heart surgery.

1985 Mercedes-Benz 300TDT - Rear ended 23 September 2016 and now looking for a new home.

1979 Mercedes-Benz 300TD - Parted out.

1964 Volkswgen Beetle - Vater's since September 1968 and undergoing a restoration.

1971 Volkswagen Sunroof Squareback with F.I. - in need of full restoration.

1971 Volkswagen Squareback automatic with F.I. - Vacationing with her caretaker until he is in better health.