View Single Post
Old 11-14-2013, 11:54 AM

Ok, well here's why I'm not a mechanic. The combination of time constraints and garage space restrictions plus the fact the old mare started leaking like a sieve kind of forced my hand. The pool of fuel that would gather under the car after running it combined with the fact that it had usurped the garage space belonging to the wife's car caused it to be ejected from the garage. The fact that I was having a hard time figuring out how to even safely get it off the ground was my own learning disability. So I had to knuckle under and bring it to the mechanic. Probably a good thing as I trust him and he found it necessary to replace the transmission pan and pump seal and o-ring, trans filter, pinion seal, valve cover gasket, and while he had the tranny off, he did the rear main seal, not to mention driveshaft center support bearing, all in addition to the injection pump seals. It's shifting much better now that I've doubled the cost of the vehicle and it's not peeing all over the driveway anymore. I've managed to fix the driver's seat adjustment and the passenger headrest adjuster by simply giving them a little "manual assist" while actuating the control. The remote rear headrest retractor just seemed to start working on it's own. It seems like the only remaining issue of note is the stereo and power antennae. The antennae is seized in the down position and the stereo won't even power on. I imagine there may be a fuse on the back of the head unit and that there is a battery in it as well but since it is tied in to the alarm system, this may be a job for the dealer. Besides, I want the dealer to have a look for unresolved recall issues. I will say, she is already super comfortable and smooth to drive and my wife will even voluntarily drive her! Now that's saying something!