View Single Post
Old 11-16-2013, 04:10 PM

Thanks for all the input. It ended up being the vacuum pump itself. There was 0 vacuum coming out of it. A bit of a pricy repair but at least I got over that hurdle. There is a noticeable difference in the braking, it responds a lot better. I'm still having the issue of the high shift RPM. It is driving at a much safer rpm when not trying to shift (about 2500) but it won't shift until that 4500 mark. I ended up taking it in to be diagnosed and was told my ignition switch was leaking a lot of vacuum. They did a smoke test to see where I was getting my leaks. Also my vacuum transducer/modulator/the blue thing below the master cylinder (yup, very technical there) has the connection broke off for the transmission modulator. Before this line broke I was still having problems, so I know that isn't the root cause there. Going back to the switch, when I disconnect the red line going into the vacuum pink and black thing under my dash (sorry some parts I don't know the proper names), my engine WILL turn off automatically.

I want to do the switch itself but am confused on how to take the thing out. I'm going to go into my disks and see where to go from here. Regarding the switch, do I just need to buy the rear portion of it or do I need to buy the whole thing, tumbler etc? Also, any one know the exact part number for the vacuum transducer? 123 300 1133 is not giving me any results.

Thank you once again for the help!!