View Single Post
Old 11-22-2013, 09:42 AM
Mmm.... Diesel.

I wasn't born yet, and my parents never really discussed or even mentioned it, or anything about the government in particular.
They were just busy enough getting on with their lives trying to raise a family. My first exposure to politics was the resignation of Nixon.
So my first impressions were that politicians are rarely doing what they do for the purpose of which they should be doing it, to serve the majority of the people for their districts/states, etc. It continues.
The only thing that I can see to stop it is to have term limits.
We have it for the president. We should have it for every stinking one of them. Career politicians are simply a bad idea.

For those of you that remember when it happened, that perhaps feel that America's innocence was lost on that date, I have often, but not always, envied you.
You at least were able to really experience that innocence, even if briefly.

I grew up in a much more cynical world my entire life where it seems that everything cannot be trusted, that there is always an ulterior motive or corruption behind the scenes that we may know about or not, whether it directly affects us or not.