View Single Post
Old 11-22-2013, 11:24 AM

2nd Grade at Mill Creek School near St. Augustine FL. I remember we were taken to the Auditorium and told by the Principal that there had been a National Tragedy and we would be taken home by busses early.

I remember my Mother having us write letters to Jackie and still have the black bordered card we received in return. I remember seeing John Jr standing and saluting his Fathers casket on TV.

When John Jr. has his magazine, George, in the same building where his wife worked, I would see him going in and out all the time. Sometimes I would see the press hanging around and stalking him trying to get a reaction that would make a saleable photo. Poor kid, the public and the press never left him alone, ever. Caroline found a way to shield herself but John Jr. was just fodder for the gristmill.

When I was a News Cameraman, I refused to do the body-watch stakeout coverage outside of Jackie's building after she died. The press was just salivating for footage of Caroline an John Jr. at that time (mid 90's). I also routinely refused to do the stakeouts on John Jr and Caroline, as I thought they were entitled to their privacy.