View Single Post
Old 11-23-2013, 04:23 PM

Additional costs to the taxpayer of Vermont will depend on many things. Impossible to tell at this point how it will be structured. Lesser overall cost is the goal though.

Other that in my opinion private insurance for profit and control will not be involved at all. All the people in the state covered should require about 3/4 of the old cost initially is not a bad guess.

Once the general health condition of the state is caught up for everyone it should decline to about half the cost. I was considering the possible lack of enough medical personal to meet the initial rush of needs. Phasing the system in because of work load may be the largest issue.

New additional doctors to the state may not be a problem. Some of them have to be totally fed up with external forces that semi control their practices today. Under universal care a doctor cannot just uproot and go to the state. He or she has to wait for a billing number to be available.

Usually this is controlled by having assigned billing numbers for any doctors position in universal care systems. You need one to bill the system. Vermont has to be smart enough to keep health for profit companies out of the loop or it would fail.

Anyways I suspect they will implement the real deal. It would be politically and practically impossible to do otherwise for state politics.