View Single Post
Old 11-23-2013, 07:09 PM
unband

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTUpower View Post
Is it your contention that all people who believe themselves to be black have a common life experience (that other races cannot replicate) which allows them to behave in a action which otherwise is held as reprehensible?

Understand that and then ask yourself if you want to continue to divide people into groups, and for how long.
So let me understand this correctly. Your complaint is the racist label attached to non black people when they use the word. But you do not believe it so because black people seem to do fine using it and they do not get labeled a racist. I want to clarify here that I am not judging. I am not saying it is racist or not. It is not for me to say. I am saying it may fit in culturally in some circles and not in some, and it is definitely inappropriate when used out of context by an out of context person. You could speak it among friends who share the same experiences as you and it would totally go over fine within your circle of friends.

But yes. I want to divide people into groups, and not all division is bad. It also doesn't mean we cannot respect each other based on the social boundaries we set for others and ourselves. We are not the same and we have to recognize that. Treat others as they would like to be treated. I like coffee, you like tea, and if I know that in advance I'd buy some of the good stuff before you came over.