Thread: Ban Me Too
View Single Post
Old 11-24-2013, 04:08 PM
Inna-propriate-da-vida

Quote:
Originally Posted by Air&Road View Post
It's a rare day when I agree with CMB, but I do agree with his first paragraphs. I will, however stop WAY short of writing one single thing against Roy. He and Jim Ellington are the TRUE classy moderators on this forum.

Although I bantered with Brian a good bit, he was a fair moderator that never seemed to allow his political beliefs or disagreements to factor into his moderation. At least he never did that with me. He never gave me an infraction that was not within the intention of the TOU either.

If the moderators choose to honor CMB's request to be banned, they can ban me also.
Was going to send a PM saying 'welcome back' but I'll do it here instead.
'Welcome Back Larry'
It is the diversity of opinion that makes this place worth visiting, and although we tend to debate from different sides of the fence, I still believe we have more in common than either of us might care to admit to...
So, I'm glad to see that you have returned.

I agree with your assessment of BC's moderating. It was fair and consistent, and could not have been done without a large sacrifice of time.
I guess when you find someone willing to give that level of commitment to a site like this, the right and proper thing to do is fire them, replace them with people who most assuredly do not put in the same effort, then ban said person when they point out the differences.
Again, I am not criticizing this mod team. I really have no issue with the laissez-faire approach, but the vindictiveness is surprising.
Testament that they must actually give a $hit what BC has to say.

As for my comment about Roy, I hope you see that I share your opinion of him as well, which explains my true surprise that he is part of this decision.

The idea has been raised that OD could hurt sales (the true reason PeachParts exists)
I have stated that I did not believe that was possible.
This kind of act, however, gives me cause to rethink my stance.

1983 300SD - 305000
1984 Toyota Landcruiser - 190000
1994 GMC Jimmy - 203000

https://media.giphy.com/media/X3nnss8PAj5aU/giphy.gif