View Single Post
Old 11-27-2013, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elchivito View Post
Santander is moving in on banks all over. I've kept an account with Banco Serfin in Hermosillo Sonora for years and now it's Banco Santander Serfin. Oh well, I don't use it much as I'm not traveling there like I used to.
I despise BOA. Moved everything to my local credit union and never looked back. As far as small local banks are concerned I don't think they're a good long term solution as I can't help but suspect that what they're all hoping for is a juicy buy-out from one of the big boys.

santanders web banking is really sub par. Plus every time I call a new online banking arrangement is "getting ready for implementation". One that actually shows a running checking balance would be nice, to show where money seems to be going.

The thing that bothers me the most is my continuous monthy battle about random fees, double charging in the same month for the previous billing period, ect ect. I think with their huge expansion, their solution is to rip people off continuously. One month I was charge 3 complete times for a 15 dollar a month account maintenance fee.

As far as a business checking account, I run an extremely tight ship, every dime accounted for, and im constantly having trouble balancing my checking account with fee after fee after fee, which often aren't apparent they exist until a month later and you have a paper bill.

I never had this problem when it was sovereign, and im not a fan of BOA apart from the convenience of it being everywhere, so maybe a credit union is a good idea.

Ive never used a credit union though, time to do research.