View Single Post
Old 12-01-2013, 12:07 AM

1983 300d turbodiesel misfires on every start

My name is Stefano and I'm new at pelican parts forum.
So long story short... I did a tune up on my 300d 5 months ago; valve adjustment, motor mounts, diesel filters, oil change, and injector nozzles.... It was my first time ever doing nozzles and guided myself thru the internet to rebuild them myself. I got around them but shortly the leaked by the body and had to do it over and over again couple of times till finally stopped. I felt sketchy taking them apart over and over again trying to to clean them and make them stop leaking by. I used bosh nozzles and really wished I could've bought new ones instead if I knew.
Two days ago my car started to do a weird misfire on every start where it bairly wants to start and smokes lots of blue smokes. Once I finally crank over and over it starts and it runs fine. I know for a fact it's not my glow plugs. They work. A day ago the engine was locked as if a had water inside a cylinder and I tried cranking and it locked and finally and started and all this crude diesel smell and tons of smoke came out the car. Once again it ran fine after .... I'll try posting a video . Help from anyone would be appreciated .. Thanks