View Single Post
Old 12-02-2013, 12:08 PM

need sealing rings, can't find any

I bought a really nice 76 240D this summer, and drove it for a few weeks, but decided to park it and work on it after my busy season, because I suspected the timing was off, as it has some injector nailing and excess smoke at start up.

A few months later, when the weather got cold, it won't start when I go to work on it. I went ahead and upgraded the glow plugs to the parallel type, but that didn't help. Finally figured out that where one of the injector lines comes into the pump there is a fuel/air leak. If I pump the primer pump about a million times, until air bubbles stop coming out of the leak, and only fuel does, then the car starts fine. Let it sit for a few hours, or overnight, no starting without pumping the air bubbles out again. When it does run, it still has nailing issues, and I am assuming that at least part of that is because there is air getting in the fuel line and making that injector not work right.

So, I borrowed an engine manual, found the exploded diagram, and I can see that there is a rubber o ring and a copper washer underneath each of the delivery valve bodies, and clearly one of mine is shot.

But I can't find these things anywhere online at all! Are they a dealer-only item? Where can I purchase a set of these o rings and washers?

thanks!
1990 Subaru Legacy wagon, 330k
1991 Subaru Legacy wagon, 225k