View Single Post
Old 12-02-2013, 12:30 PM
Geplatzt

Just to further demonstrate how awesome Chris is, here's another story. Recently, my 84 300D made a crunching noise, belched a ton of white smoke from under the hood, and began rattling. One triple A tow later, the car was at Hunt Valley Imports. The next day, I called Chris, and, without me saying a word, he said that it was his fault, that he appears to have crimped the valve cover gasket after adjusting the valves recently, causing gasket failure and oil drainage/blast out. He's replacing the engine on his own dime. Ever hear of a mechanic admitting to something like that and making it good? Especially, without me ever suggesting to him that he may have done something wrong? He could have tried many ways to talk his way out of that, but chose to do the right thing. What better recommendation?

1994 E500 199/Gray 82k
84 300D (Salty) Orient Red/Palomino 141k
88 300CE (Ersatzhammer) 904/Java 163k -- Turbo Technics twin turbo kit, AMG Gen I body kit, Sportline steering box and steering wheel, Sportline/Eibach /Bilstein Sport/500E suspension, Quaife LSD in 210 mm diff case, Silver Arrow brakes.
88 300CE Brabus 3.6 199 on Black 44k