View Single Post
Old 12-02-2013, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynalow View Post
What was the point of including the two links about dumb azz cops. I looked for a reference to the GOP in those stories & didn't see one. Did I miss something? Nor could I find anything which linked the police to the Republican party. They probably aren't card carrying Democrats I'll admit , but I don't see a link between the stories and your observation about the "monumentally clueless" GOP. That's all.
I was too cryptic on that one. The point I attempted to make, if it can really be considered a point, is that the RNC's tweet makes it sound as if racism has ended. The news stories were intended to illustrate why minorities might see it otherwise. I didn't intend to suggest that the GOP had anything to with either news story. For an organization whose mission includes bringing minorities into the GOP tent, they seem particularly clueless about how to do it. They don't seem to have a good feel for how their statements and positions are perceived.
Quote:
I don't know what constitutes trolling either. Like beauty, it's in the eye of the beholder. And we all be beholdin' to the mods.
Trolling is like obscenity, difficult to define, but the mods know it when they see it. Jacobellis v. Ohio