View Single Post
Old 12-04-2013, 03:24 PM
ĦAy Jodido!

The WalMart that serves my rural are has never run out of only one caliber: 270Win.. This is a big hunting culture area, as is most of AZ, never the less handgun ammo is VERY hard to come by. WalMart has been permanently out of .45 auto, .40 etc. for over a year unless you want to show up and stand in line at 7 a.m. on tuesdays for a 3 box limit. Same goes for small and large pistol primers, powder and other reloading supplies. I shoot about 200 rounds a week and if I didn't reload would have had to seriously curtail my shooting.

Regarding steel case ammo and why lots of ranges don't allow it. There are two reasons. First, they don't want to have to separate it from the brass they collect. Brass is the new gold in case you weren't paying attention. Cases are in short supply. Second, most steel case 9mm isn't just steel cased. A lot of it, like Tula and Wolf and the other junky russian stuff is also loaded with copper jacketed steel bullets. Magnetic. That garbage is too hard on guns for my taste. I wouldn't put a single round of it into any gun I cared about.
04 Honda Element AWD
1985 F150 XLT 4x4, 351W with 270k miles, hay hauler
1997 Suzuki Sidekick 4x4
1993 Toyota 4wd Pickup 226K and counting