View Single Post
Old 12-04-2013, 05:12 PM
macdoe

Us guys driving these old benzes, around probaly don't hurt their image....maybe even advertise for them somewhat.

I look around lately and don't see a whole lot of older cars being used as daily drivers. Maybe Mercs initial commitment to the quality they used in production of these older benzes is paying dividened now in the form of advertising by continuing to have us on the road. It seems people notice these more and more. I often see young people checking my car out.

It would be nice to see the quality of the past win, but it is probably because the prices of their new cars is not too bad nowadays when comparing it to similar cars from other manufacturers. Hmmm, $60,000 dollars for a new Escalade or $62,000 for a new G-Wagon...not a hard choice there, based on Mercedes reputation of the past. Maybe a bit of both.

Its good to be Mercedes, right now...they have WAY more commercials on T.V for Mercedes up here too. Matter of fact I have'nt seen a Mercedes commercial throughout my life until the past couple years or so.