View Single Post
Old 12-06-2013, 09:52 AM

Health FSA's now capped at $2500

Last year my wife had cancer and we spent over $3000 on her treatment alone- I had budgeted $2500 in my FSA. This year I was going to increase it to $6500 because my middle son needs orthodontic work and other health needs are coming. I find out that due to Obamacare that the FSA is now capped at $2500- which means all health spending above that will paid with post tax dollars. If my tax rate is 20% that means I will be paying close to $1000 extra this year because of the new health care law. I'm not poor but I'm certainly not rich either. My family household income is less than five figures for a family of five. I've never bought a new car nor spent more than $3500 for any car I've owned. A few years back we qualified for reduced price lunches at school. I tell you this because I'm middle class- yet Obamacare will increase my health care spending by close to a grand. I have good health insurance because that was a priority in choosing where I worked.

Who else is taking a financial hit because of the new FSA limits? This seems like a secret back door bend you over screwing of the middle class.