View Single Post
Old 12-06-2013, 11:43 AM
dieselfuelinjector.guru

Without hi-jacking your thread, the same exact deal occured with energy saving tax credits. I used to look forward to the credit since it was a decent amount. Now, it's a joke. I guess the current administration had to shift money to fund all the failed and loser green energy bright ideas and individual efforts were not that valued anymore as compared to governmental efforts-- we see how they have been going.

As for a Flexible SA or a Health SA, we always discussed getting a medical savings account as a family but never did. I too consider health care benefits the main or most important "benefit" out there. My son had cancer as an infant 15 years ago and I know all about tier 7 insurance, pre-existing conditions, the slush pools, et cet. I also consider myself middle class. Health insurance was always obtainable even in our circumstances; however, as you have indicated in your thread, costs are going up. Why is that ? Seems pretty simple to me: others are now paying for others' health care. As for the FSA, no need to be sneaky about it. Premiums are going up, not down. The FSA cap is just one mechanism to shift money away from your pocket (the saving of money or the ability or inability is the same to me as a taking of money). That is why I began my post with the energy tax credit since it seemed appropriate by analogy.

Hope your wife is doing better !