View Single Post
Old 12-07-2013, 11:37 AM
New England Hick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatterasguy View Post
Tell me about it.

Last summer I was at the BMW dealer in Bridgeport and asked about a 2wd 750I....you would have thought I asked about a two headed sea monster!

Southern NE is like Alaska it seems, 4wd/AWD for all!

If you want a 2wd truck you have to go down south to buy one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by spdrun View Post
... or hold a flame to the dealer sales-manager-droid's ballsack till they agree to special-order one. If you're paying cash, you should be able to order whatever the **** you like.
The '12 Silverado 2500 2WD I had to factory order. Yes, I did get it but I had to wait for it to be built and the dealer will move a lot more on a truck he's had sitting in his lot for 6 months.

The '13 Silverado 1500 2WD my dealer found in VA and had to do a 3-way trade with another dealer in order to get it here. That, too, took some time. This one was an "ugly duckling" of sorts in that it was a 6 cyl. low-level work truck with vinyl floor and an auto but did have the chrome appearance package, cloth, AC, PW/PL so it doesn't look like a work truck. It was factory ordered for a customer but the deal fell-through. It worked out well for me since it was for an entry level sales rep without any expectations. When they reach a million in sales, they get the truck built the way they want it (as long as it's 2WD). I hope he's out of that truck by the end of '14!

1980 300TD-China Blue/Blue MBTex-2nd Owner, 107K (Alt Blau) OBK #15
'06 Chevy Tahoe Z71 (for the wife & 4 kids, current mule) '03 Honda Odyssey (son #1's ride, reluctantly) '99 GMC Suburban (255K+ miles, semi-retired mule) 21' SeaRay Seville (summer escape pod)