View Single Post
Old 01-14-2003, 01:39 PM
justright

Horror Story - mec hacks door lock vacuum pump + more

NEED YOUR HELP! Retreived my '90, 124 from local hack yesterday. What started out with a short in dome light ended up in door lock vacuum pump-none of locks, gas lid and trunk work anymore.

Mecanic cut and splided pump wires [as if he replaced it] along with a 20 Amp plug-in fuse taped in series on red wire. Perhaps the "new pump" was bad. Other wires are cross colored [blue to green & vice versa]. He also cut the wires to my alarm horn...

What is the best way to test the pump and then find the leak[s]?? The hack also told me that replacing the pump "might" fix the rear headrest problem not coming down anymore...

And he apparently traced the dome short to an emergency control monitor in front dash along with large red wire junction melted down. Also told me trunk light stayed on draining battery - but I never had this problem before.

I am at a true loss. Any suggestions oh how to start the fix process" Should I consider changing the wiring harness? Does anyone know of a decent Benz shop between Ann Arbor and Dearborn, Michigan?