View Single Post
Old 01-14-2003, 03:00 PM

It's fixed at last

Stever, you are my hero

I fixed it just like you said to do. I warmed up the car and had a multimeter hooked up to the EHA current. Sure enough it started dropping to 0 slowly but right away since the computer was correcting the mixture. When I unpluged the 02 Sensor the current right away jumped up to 8ma, plug it back in, it fell to 0.

So I left the 02 sensor pluged in since it was obviously doing it's job and very slowly turned the mixture adjustment screw ccw, gave it some gas held it in place, relesed, and I could see the current slowly rising, but I had to make about half a turn before I started seeing the current go up. Eventually I had it at 8ma where it should be, the engine hummed perfectly, the 02 showed .5-.6 Volts, which is a bit low, so I might have emission problems, and I accidentally killed the engine when I pushed the 3mm allen key in a bit too hard, too much fuel drowned it. When I had it at 8ma right on, the engine would not start, so I had to turn the mixture screw back just a tiny bit. Now it runs like a dream, NO Hesitation, no Missing (so far, I just did this yesterday morning and drove it twice for a few minutes) and hopefully the fuel economy will jump up too.

I will make a seperate post for this just in case someone might find it uself to fix their problem.

I also put the right spark plugs, new distributor cap and rotor arm to finish off the repair, next fill up I'm adding some fuel system cleaner to get rid off all the deposits left after it's been running rich.

Once again, Thanx a million Steve, if I ever get a chance I'd love to thank you in person.

XP