View Single Post
Old 12-11-2013, 10:47 AM
Inna-propriate-da-vida

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idle View Post
The accused in this case has expressed a desire to move to Texas. If he makes such a move he will find the laws in Texas unfriendly to a case such as this.

In Texas if a 911 call is made concerning a domestic disturbance then someone is being charged. This law was passed many years ago in reaction to a rise in domestic disturbance calls where one party or the other only wished to scare the other party. When the police showed up and were turned away a lot of tax dollars went up in smoke due to what had now become a false alarm.

The bottom line in Texas is that if a call is made it is then out of the hands of the one who made the call, and if they decide to not press charges then that is their decision but it will have no bearing on if the DA wishes to move forward on the case.
I'm unfamiliar with the laws, but assumed this was the case almost everywhere now.

There are many reasons why someone would recant their statement later, not the least of which could be intimidation by the accused. I believe it is for this reason that the charges and subsequent prosecution is not at the discretion of the accuser.

I have no desire to see The Zim go down in flames, but he really does need to find a way to lower his profile. A guy in his position needs to be a little more proactive in situations like his most recent scrape.... Any kind of altercation, and he should just leave... immediately. That would, however, require having sense enough to do such a thing, which he does not seem to possess. For better or for worse, he does not have anonymity enough to be taken at face value by the po-po.

1983 300SD - 305000
1984 Toyota Landcruiser - 190000
1994 GMC Jimmy - 203000

https://media.giphy.com/media/X3nnss8PAj5aU/giphy.gif