View Single Post
Old 12-30-2013, 03:55 PM
diesel enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROLLGUY View Post
Every once in a while I get a call about selling large parts (hoods, doors, glass, etc) from people in other states (I am in CA). I got a call today about a guy that needs a hood in Chicago (MB parts are expensive and scarce there he said). I have heard of a way to transport large parts across the country (called bucket brigade) via other members that travel. Could something like this be utilized here? Could a sticky be created for this service? If someone is traveling, say from Missouri to visit relatives in California, they could post that they could bring parts on their way back (or even drop off in a state in between). Of course they would charge for the service, but it would be a fraction of the cost from a trucking company (especially for large parts), and as a benefit, they would meet new members. Crating or palletizing a body part for shipment via a freight company is expensive, and a lot of work. Even smaller parts that would fit in a trunk could be transported safer and more economically than other methods. This is just a thought, but it might be a good thing to try. Let me know what you think, and/or if something like this could be made a sticky (moderators of course)....Rich
BTW, I hang out mostly in Diesel Discussion, so I may seem like a newbie here.
A "Transportation Forum" has been proposed and discussed before......
http://www.peachparts.com/shopforum/general-feedback/297144-transportation-forum.html

If you put it together, I will participate.

Links:
Sold last car --- 05/2012 1984 300D Light Ivory, Red interior
Cluster Needles Paint
New Old Stock (NOS) parts

Past:
3/2008 1986 300SDL "Coda"
04/2010 1965 190D(c) "Ben"
& many more