View Single Post
Old 01-05-2014, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixto View Post
This one puts the price of a 200K mile car in perspective - 2005 E320 CDI MERCEDES-BENZ DIESEL

$12K should buy a patient shopper a 150K mile car. Have you driven good examples of a 98-99 E300 and E320 CDI to determine whether the 210 is good enough or the 211 is a must have? Or are you after a bargain regardless of what you end up with?

Sixto
87 300D
I have driven 2 w210 and only 1 w211, of course unless we are talking dollars and cents, there is no way to compare one to the other. if money is no object, there is no way I would drive a w210 home after driving the CDI unless I can steal one.
Am I after a bargain regardless what I end up with? No, I just happen to be a very frugal person, and so far (at age 42) it has paid very well to be frugal. The las two very low mileage cars I bought for my wife, I was able to sell with a profit after driving them one for a year and a half ($1500 proffit) and the other one for two years (sold today with $600 profit based on purchase price) with no major repairs or expenses other than insurance and maintenance. However, I am ALWAYS after a bargain, and always take my time to shop around. A bargain not always is a consolation price, at least not in my book

That said, the 200K mile CDI didn't pan out, time to move to the next victim...