View Single Post
Old 01-07-2014, 04:56 PM

BAS/ASR light - '99 E320 Wagon

Hey guys,

So I have a BAS/ASR light on. After reading some of the other posts on this, it seems fairly common. However, I can't seem to find where anyone else experienced the exact same thing as me and thought someone might offer some specific guidance on mine.....

It goes off after every time I shut the car off. After driving for about 5 minutes, it will come on and just says BAS on the digital readout on the dash. It doesn't come on when I get up to any certain speed and does it randomly, so I wouldn't think it's a speed sensor. It also never happens when I press the brake pedal either, so I also wouldn't think it's the brake switch. So I got a used control module and swapped it out to see if that was the problem. After swapping I drove it twice with no light coming on and thought that fixed it, but it came back again.... I ordered a brake switch and will swap that out just to see if it's possibly related to that, but I don't think it is. Everything also feels and drives fine.... And words of wisdom for me here? Thanks in advance guys!