View Single Post
Old 01-10-2014, 02:15 AM
Dieseldiehard

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselClan View Post
If the dealer replaces the exhaust on the car that would be awesome! However, I'm skeptical that it will pass the emissions down here with all the leaks in order for me to register it and get my title then go to the dealer. So even if I spend a little to get a used exhaust on it I don't mind. I'd be interested in prices for all your items and I can pick some items. I may go with JimFreeh's exhaust if he can figure shipping out since it's closer and would most likely cost less to ship. Thanks!
Amazing, seeing a car like that with the Nasty Trap Oxidizer still on it!
Its the same color as the one my wife wrecked last year. I still have my other '87 300D and love it!
I would squirt some high temp RTV silicone into any cracks where the exhaust leaks are. If the emissions people give you any problem try explaining to them you need a title to have the dealer replace the exhaust under their "factory campaign" ie. warranty.
My Blue '87 came with a cracked head and the NTO still in place. I got it running (it barely made power because the NTO was mostly plugged up) called the dealer, made an appointment and they replaced the trap with a new down pipe and complete exhaust at no cost.
My head was fine (I had just put on a rebuilt head because the car came without it as part of a Mechanics Lien sale ($475). Still running great on that #14 head.