Thread: Repair manual
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2003, 12:15 AM
Smile Repair Manuals

I have also used the books4cars site to purchase manuals. I do warn that you really need to know exactly what you want. I have always bought the shop manuals for cars I own(ed). I ended up purchasing the 2 volume Series 124 service manuals for my 96 E320. While those manuals do not cover the 96 series, I have still found them to be a great deal of help. I also purchased the "Model Year 1996, Model 210" Service guide along with the 1996 "Service Information Manual". All of these have been excellent resources.

I will say that even with these manuals, I would not attempt to do any MAJOR work on my car. These cars are so complicated that I prefer to pay my dealer's service shop do the work. As a pilot and aero engineer, when I first got my manuals, I could not put them down. These vehicles are designed and built at the "top of the class". Amazing. I cannot point to many things as much as the Mercedes to underscore the point "you get what you pay for".

I see posts in this thread about CD-ROM manuals......where can those be purchased?
- Jon E320 210.055

90 Wrangler
77 Mustang 307,000 mi
63 T-Bird [fully restored]