View Single Post
Old 01-23-2014, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friz View Post
Vehicle is a 1995 E300D. I searched the forum posts and am leaning towards a window regulator problem. I didn't find anything exactly like my problem so here is my problem. Window goes up and down smoothly. When raising the window it stops about 2 inches from the top. When lowering it it disappears about 2 inches into the door. Looks like the travel distance is correct but the travel has moved about 2 inches down. I have the door panel off. The cable looks okay. Upper cable is tight on the way up, lose on the way down. Lower cable just the opposite. Has something slipped out or a plastic piece broken? Or does the regulator have to be replaced? Any help appreciated - Friz

oops! I see I posted this on the wrong forum. My car is a diesel. I would imagine though that the windows are the same. When I figure out how, I will move it to the Diesel Discussion.
This happened recently on my W201 which I think has the same regulator design as the W124. Had the regulator out twice before I noticed the problem was where it attaches to the window the piece had rotated 180 degrees. I attributed it to having a son driving the car and he probably rolled the window down with the radio on and didn't release the button as soon as the window hit bottom such that the electric motor torqued it around. I was able to rotate it back to the proper position and its been working fine since, althouth not a lot of window rolling with the recent cold weather. Didn't take pictures, but if you remove the regulator and its not obvious to you I could probably point it out from a picture of yours.