View Single Post
Old 02-09-2014, 06:38 PM
1979 & 1985 300D's

Success. The front bar was fairly tricky, but I could do it again in less time the next time as always. Removing the booster was easy enough, having lots of long extensions in sequence made it easier to remove those 13mm nuts. Took off all of the water hoses in back of the engine. Disconnected all the vacuum lines. Disconnected the throttle linkage on the firewall.

Had to fight the engine a bit as the mounts were probably shot and it was sitting pretty far back.

I think I'll wait to install it on mine until I have the upper control arms out, which won't be very long from now as they need to be done. That would make it easier.

By the way, I figured out why it was at the yard. When removing the rear sway bar I undid the rear soft fuel lines and out came a few ounces of fuel that hadn't come out when the slit open the tank as it came in to the yard. Well, when this fuel came out it was definitely vegetable oil. Not bio-d, and no way it was diesel. This was on a car with no dual tank, no tank heater, no line heaters, no water separator, etc. etc.

http://i.imgur.com/LslW733.jpg

The Baja Arizona Oil Burners Send a message if you'd like to join the fun
Left to Right - UberWasser, Iridium, Stuttgart-->Seattle,, mannys9130

Visit the W123 page on iFixit for over 70 helpful DIY guides!