View Single Post
Old 02-12-2014, 02:32 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB3 View Post
that tool is missing the two larger plates for the rear springs, and it has 2 center tools and you only need one. weird item, I have a compressor that came with 4 plates and one center tool which I believe is the typical arrangement for these specific compressor tools. Looks like a mish mash of extra parts to me assembled to sell as a kit

It is a KLANN 0025 made for SPX/Miller Tools for use by the dealerships on the Chrysler Cross Fire cars. It doesn't have the Size #2 plates because that car has Size # 1 springs both front and rear. The short shaft compressor is designed for more modern cars with 5-link rear suspensions where a longer shaft compressor won't work. At one time Mercedes spec'd a tool adapter that was a ring shaped collar that slid over the compressor before the bottom plate and effectively shortened the compressor's working length but that tool adapter has been NLA for years.

That eBay seller is also forum member

A set of upper and lower Size # 2 plates will cost about 250-300 Euro, a short shaft compressor by itself is about 500 Euro for new replacement parts.

Last edited by Obamalamadingdong; 02-12-2014 at 02:43 PM.