View Single Post
Old 02-23-2014, 05:51 PM
Who's flying this thing ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerry View Post
I know virtually nothing about the Ukraine so I am at a loss as to how to interpret the conflict. The Russian interests seem obvious to me. The internal opposition is a mystery. There was a piece in the NYT a few days ago describing how much of the resistance was coming from extreme right wing nationalists, ideologically fascist. Can anyone give a rundown on internal Ukrainian politics/society?
I have a very good friend from Russia (how a US citizen who lives in my town and regularly visits family each year, and last week arrived in Moscow then on to her home town in Siberia.)

Dated February 19th - she wrote, from Russia:

It is heartbreaking to watch the news about what has been happening in Ukraine. The truth is that this kind of human crisis has been happening all over the world but the difference is that this time it touched us very closely. It is more disturbing than what we have seen about other countries because now it is happening in our county where we were born, where we grew up, where we had our childhood and teenage years, where we have our close ones, our families and friends, where all our sweet memories from, where we've eaten the best food. We walked, had fun, laughed to death and ate the best ice cream on those streets where people kill each other now, where people rise against each other now. Sounds like the end time, doesn't it?

1995 E 420, 170k "The Red Plum" (sold)

2015 BMW 535i xdrive awd Stage 1 DINAN, 6k, <----364 hp

1967 Mercury Cougar, 49k

2013 Jaguar XF, 20k <----340 hp Supercharged, All Wheel Drive (sold)